Monday, January 27, 2014

Oooh, things just got awkward

Actual conversation with me and DJ Smith's leading lady post-supper last night:

Me: I am getting a to-go order for the Roomstress, be right with you guys.

LL: Wait, you're not coming home with us?

Me: No, I have to go home.

LL: Why?

Me: Well, I have to do laundry and get ready for work tomorrow.

LL: What about Regina?

Me: What about her?

LL: Doesn't she do your laundry for you?

And then I had to explain why a roommate isn't the same as a father. Or a mother. And how I usually have to clean up after her and buy her food she can easily eat that's healthy. You know what? Maybe she SHOULD be doing my laundry.

In other news, the theme song from the movie Frozen pretty much sums up the whole of 2013 for me.

Truth. Also true? I watched Frozen with the Leading Lady and shrieked out loud in a crowded theater after Anna got frozen if she was really dead because A. I wasn't sure if she was really really dead, and B. knew that LL would put me out of my misery immediately. She did.

In other other news, I bought a new work lanyard recently because it was sparkly as can be. I picked the black one out of all the colors because I thought - hey. It's work. Let's try for a smidge "sedate." It's long with black sparkles and a big square at the bottom that's all silver sparkles with a zip cord for my keys and clip for my name tag - it's PERFECT. And I got so many compliments on it that I went back to the drugstore and bought one for all my office mates in Club 650. After I proudly presented them to the members of Club 650 I noticed that the purple one I gave to the Roomstress had a silver sparkly heart, and the F'ing First Lady's had a silver sparkly flower.

IIIIII am a SQUARE?

RECOUNT. I demand a recount. I blame dangling chads.

In other news, I finally found a reason to give away this god-awful card!

the reason was because i was dispatched to the drugstore to buy a going away card for a co-worker, and i came back with two new toothbrushes, 15 glow bracelets (half off!), face cream and baby wipes (don't ask), sparkly lanyards and no fricking good-bye card. i'm a very rational person, i swear.

And that's all I got for today. Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment