Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I really am not condoning grafftti

So I really do hate graffiti. I think it's tacky and trashy and I don't like people besmirching public property. That said... sometimes graffiti really makes me laugh. To wit:

my thoughts exactly

this says "knoxville is the milwaukee of the south." yeah. i'm not sure what that means. BUT I LIKE IT. and kind of agree with it - although i've never actually been to milwaukee.

there's so many funny things about this picture, but i especially like the "well obviously not" part.

Recently, I spent some time up in Gatlinburg at a retreat. I wandered through the hotel gift shop and was rifling through the card selection when I came across this:

what the hell is going on here?

So... what is going on here? There's a ghost buffalo, and a baby buffalo nursing from his mom (I think. I showed this to a student worker the other day and he made the comment that he wasn't sure that's where the udder goes. So this card just got either way creepier, or way funnier... I vote for option two.) And what occasion should this ghost buffalo card be sent for? In recognition of? In honor of? I cannot with this greeting card....

That's about all the news fit to print these days. I've had a cold for a week now, and my office mate has caught it too so we sound like a TB ward up here. But the cold has made me feel somewhat less funny than usual. BUT! Christmas is a week away and that makes me happy! Yippee!!! Over and OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment