Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Oh happy day!

Because it's my blog, I totally get bragging rights whenever I feel like it.

Today is one of those days. Bear with me.

my dad's column. in the same paper on the same day as my column. i ain't gonna lie. i cried.

All those nights I stayed with Dad in his office, watching the paperboys come in late at night to start stuffing, those hours I enjoyed reading trashy novels on the fainting couch in the KNS women's room, the time I spent watching the press hum and papers churn out... well... in a small way, I get to be part of that now. In fact, I think the very first paying job I ever had was shagging golf balls for the Hole in One contest - and now I've come full circle. Still reporting to Susan Alexander.

It's humbling. I'm flattered. And astonished. And, and, and... and pretty damn happy about it. Here's hoping for a long tenure as social columnist for the KNS. I hope I spell everyone's name right....

Short post today - but my evident joy about this new freelance job should more than make up for the brevity of this post - and to bookmark this post with a bit of gravity - it is officially the most depressing time of the year.

Christmas all came down in the loft. But! For the first time EVER, I didn't have to take everything down on my own. The Roomstress was kind enough to pitch in, and volunteer the support of her darling niece Alexi and friend Meiping. We got all festivities out and packed into our storage unit within a few hours' time.

dj benny smith kindly saws my ginormous tree in half for easy removal

And now - life as usual. With an additional fabulous fancy new freelance job. I'll take it.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment