Tuesday, January 21, 2014

When to scream and when to thump loudly; Lines from the Loft

Actual conversation between the Roomstress and me the other day:

Me: Oh my gosh! Last night I burned my arm so badly with hot grease!

R: How did you do that?

Me: It was SO stupid. I poured a whole pot of cooking meat into the crock pot toward me. I know better. I screamed so loud; I'm surprised you didn't hear me.

R: Oh I heard you.

Me: You heard me? And you didn't come find out if I was ok?

R: Holy shit, Megan, you're always screaming about something. If I investigated every time you made noise I'd never get anything else done.

Me. Well. That's true.

R: Besides, if you were really hurt I figured you'd either keep screaming or you'd make like a thumping sound when you fell down.

Me: Ok. Well, as long as there's some semblance of a plan... (pulling hot bread out of the oven) OUCH! DAMMIT!!!

R: (sigh) I'm going to go take a shower now. If you need a ride to the hospital, scream and keep screaming or make a thumping sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment