Wednesday, January 15, 2014

UPDATE: Joy Point Attack! Lines from the Loft

Actual conversation between me and the Roomstress:

R: So, you know I've been taking that class on Monday nights, right? The one where you work on re-wiring your brain so you're more aware and cognizant of the joy in your life?

Me: Oh, yeah, right, how's that going?

R: Good! I thought about bringing you in for show and tell but the instructor said it wasn't polite.

Me: Too bad. I'da gone.

R: I know, right? Anyway, one of the exercises I need help with is making note of when something good happens in your daily life and keeping track of those joy points.

Me: Keeping track of.... joy points?

R: Yeah, like say if you're making a grilled cheese sandwich and the side you're toasting comes out perfectly and you're like "hooray" for a second? That's a joy point. You gotta keep track of them.

Me: Well, I admit - I'm familiar with the concept of the "joy point," I just didn't realize it had a name. Or that it was a contest.

R: Well, it's not really a game or a contest - it's more like -

Me: HOLY SHIT WE CAN MAKE IT A GAME. Since it's not a game we can make it a game and make up all the rules as we go along! JOY POINT! I'M ALREADY WINNING.

R: No, you're missing the point -

Me: Missing the Joy Point? Deduct one Joy Point! Zero serving zero!

R: Megan, that's not how it works -

Me: If you get a Joy Point and you're wearing just your underwear it counts double. JOY POINT! TWO SERVING ZERO!!!

R: Well, I wish you would put some pants on, but -

Me: HOLY SHIT I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA. I'm going to get a whole bunch of party poppers and when you are asleep I'm going to sneak into your room and scream JOY POINT and shoot them off!!!

R: You know, I'm really sorry I asked for your help with this.

Me: Deduct Joy Point! On you, not me. Two serving negative one!

R: You're giving me a headache.

Me: I'm going to make a sign for the back of your bathroom door that says "Joy POOT"!!! HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA like Joy Point but funnier because it's the bathroom and you're probably in there pooping!! Joy Point!

R: I think I'm going to go read in bed. Good night.

Me: Oooooh, you love books! Joy Point!

In other news, check out this super awesome picture of me ice skating:

i'm not a very good ice skater

The Roomstress read this blog post and got to the part about the ice skating picture and noted that Benny's EK had some pretty solid drawing skills. After a minute of silence I told her I was the one who drew the picture. Yup. I have the skills of an 8-year-old. And they are mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment