Thursday, January 30, 2014

Feng Shui was never my strong suit

So the Roomstress and I signed our lease for another year living together in Knoxville (take a sec and mentally insert GIF of me cheering like Kermit the Frog when he announces the next act.) And I don't know why, but I took this one year anniversary of living together to actually move into and make my room exactly how I wanted it to be.

Not that it wasn't nice before. It was! Most of the items in it were things that were hand-me-downs, NICE hand-me-downs, but things I had picked out or designed myself. And a few weeks ago, I just made up my mind that this was my room, and I'm a grown-ass woman, and I had the money and time to fix this room just the way I wanted.

And I did! And when I finished decorating and stood back to admire my handiwork.... I realized I made a little girl's room accidentally. It's like I'm nine all over again.

it's very pink. and awesome.

i put up all these butterflies! aren't they so fluttery and pretty?

new rug, my dollhouse bookcase and flo to watch over me.

i made new pillows!

i super love these sheets

It is awesome. And as the Roomstress noted, it's very gender neutral. 

In other news, it totally snowed for realz the other day. I took pictures of pretty ice thingies around downtown:




And that's all I got for today. Over and out, and stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. It's no big deal that you have a room like a nine year old. It goes with your taste buds. So when it comes to food and home decor, Megan goes nine or goes home. Your room is beautiful though. It matches your youthful optimism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, do you know I got to your blog when your dad ran a column mentioning your mom had a garden blog -- being a garden lover I went to her blog, but boy oh boy her blog was a let down as in she never posted .. but I found your blog and yours I actually find interesting and entertaining. love the joy you share. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT? Learn to update, Mary Ann! Glad you like, thanks for reading!

      Delete