Friday, September 27, 2013

Actual conversation of the universe mocking me...

Universe: I'm bored. I should totally stir things up. Hm.... what to do, what to do... OH! Wait! See that pretty girl down there! Let's make her marry the wrong man!

(I do it. And manage well. Ish.)

Universe: Huh. Tougher than I thought... well, hm.... let's make her get divorced! That'll rattle her!

(I get divorced. And I manage well. Ish.)

Universe: Wow. Tough cookie. Ok, well let's make her depressed and anxious and OH I KNOW make her nerve pinch and she has to take steroids!!!

(Sidebar: I am taking the stupid steroids because the doctor, the pharmacist and the psychiatrist all said it wouldn't interact with the meds I'm already on. But I lived with a man who took 'roids whenever he had an asthma attack and that is the first thing I said to the doctor after "OH HELL TO THE NO" because I know what Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde looks like after all that. All that to say if you see me in the next couple of weeks and I hulk out on you, give a girl some slack. I HAVE A PINCHED NERVE, YO.)

Me: Steroids, ok. Eleventy billion pills in the morning to make sure I have normal blood pressure, am not living in a panic attack, and feel like - oh, I don't know - getting out of bed and doing something, even if it's just brushing my hair - and OH NOW WAIT. Pill that maybe or maybe not will make me crazy: Hokay. WAIT. Lemme get this straight:

Pill to calm me down: swallowed.

Pill to make sure that even if I'm calm I have low blood pressure and not having a madly racing heart and blood pumping all over the place like a garden hose with water rushing through it and making it writhe on its own accord: swallowed. And PS the swallowing of it makes it feel like any activity I do is an Olympic event and I'm dying to catch my breath or force myself to keep moving - ok, yeah great, whatever....

Pill to make sure that I'm calm yet gives me the gumption to get out of bed in the morning and actually... I don't know do something; something ANY FUCKING THING be it watch TV or read a book or go outside or HEAVEN FORBID be a productive member of society for fuck's sake, I DON'T THE HELL KNOW BUT GET OUT OF BED pill: SWALLOWED.

NOW. THERE'S THIS. A fricking pill that may or may not spin the whole shebang into orbit. And I have had three authorities on the subject tell me it's ok. I'll be fine. And in fact, I may be better than fine because I may have an un-pinched nerve at the end of the day and that will me another incentive to actually get out of bed and actually move my body without knowing I will wince in pain with every step that I take.

Hokay. Done. SWALLOWED.

And none of it, NONE OF IT, not one ounce, not one iota, not one teensy eeensy itty bitty bit shook me to my core...

UNTIL.
I.
SAW.
THIS.

universe, you are a cruel, cruel mistress.

Me: I just hope those pills are working. I'mma need it in case of spiders.

Universe: Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment