Friday, April 11, 2014

This joint ain't what it used to be

So yesterday at work I had my shoes kicked off which I do without even thinking about and had to pull my boots back on to run to the restroom (sometimes I go barefoot if I'm pretty sure I won't run into my boss and I just have to go grab something quick but the bathroom sometimes can get yucky and I know for sure because once I almost puked on my boss and had to run and go barf and I got a bird's eye view of the commode. Since then he's avoided me so I have to worry about running into him with bare feet so yea that worked out nicely in my favor) and I had the thought "Dammit. I wish I had some slippers. Hey! I know! I'll keep slippers at work for just such an occasion!" and then I thought "Did I really just think for a second that wearing slippers at work was an ok thing to do?"

Anyway. So, the Leading Lady had a soccer game to go to and I tagged along and was very helpful with the GPS until DJ Smith noted that didn't I grow up out here and how come I didn't know where I was going and I was all indignant until I realized that I probably should know my way around but they moved the roads and things and it looks all confusing and different. I also saw a map online the other day that listed that part of town as "psychological hellscape of big box stores and chain restaurants" and that's pretty accurate. But then we pulled into the park where the soccer was being held and I got all quiet and DJ asked what was wrong and I had to confess that not only DID I know this park I also went to day camp there every summer for years.

Ahem.

If anyone wants to go to Mama and the Dipper's house they can see on display as part of the fridge art magnet collection a potato sack magnet I made at this camp out of burlap and old pantyhose except they tried to get me to stop learning how to make a halter top and go make this magnet so I only made like three potatoes and you're supposed to make like 50 so the cotton stuffing in it doesn't show, but I wanted to finish my halter top which was just a panel of fabric to cover the girls and four ribbons to tie around your neck and back which horrifies my 39-year-old self because I bet I looked like Miley Cyrus at the time all half naked like that but then I remembered that I was probably only 12 and wanted to look like Miley Cyrus if she'd been around and not just looking down from heaven. There was also one of those crazy tall slides that I'm sure are recalled as major safety hazards and it had a big bump in the middle of it and it was slick as all get out. I loved that slide. Anyway. That magnet is at Mama's if you want to see the three potatoes and all the cotton stuffing in some burlap. With a green bow on the front which occurs to me now is not necessarily factual because I've yet to see a sack of potatoes with a bow around it. Come to think of it I don't really think I've ever seen a sack of potatoes so maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, so I ran to the bathroom when we first get there and I saw something that made me stop short. And I also didn't want to pee anymore.

um... what's going on here?

So... yeah. Ok. Let's start at the beginning. Striped stockings, check; black outlined dress, check; 666 on the chest, check; squinty eyes and W mouth, check and check. Mmm-kay. So naturally, I looked at the men's room:

lovely.

Also, why is neither the men's or women's wheelchair people drawn on with satanic symbols? Clearly, these vandals have never heard of the ADA.

In other news, does it bother anyone else when someone says "EK-specially?" That drives me nuts.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment