Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Serious concerns about things for sale these days....

Actually conversation between DJ Smith and myself:

Me: (casually eyeing the various and sundry items on his dining room hutch) Whoa. WHOA. What the hell is that?

DJBS: What?

Me: THAT. And why have I not noticed this before now?

DJBS: WHAT?

Me: That bottle on the hutch that's shaped like a woman's foot in a high heel?

DJBS: Oh, that. It was a Christmas gift some time ago. I think it has moonshine in it.

Me: (unscrewing lid) WHOA. Yup, that's moonshine. HOLY CRAP. Seriously, how have I missed this? OH MY GOD. The foot has an anklet around it. Why is there a foot with an anklet in a high heel bottle of moonshine in your house?

DJBS: I told you, it was a gift.

Me: But, but... but - WHY? Did he buy the bottle and put the moonshine in it? Where do you think he got this bottle? BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME.

DJBS: These are questions I cannot answer.

Me: YOU SHOULD CALL A MUSEUM ABOUT THIS BOTTLE.

i know what i want for christmas! the anklet really brings the whole piece together, n'est pas?

I still have no idea where this came from. All I know is that I need this foot wearing an anklet in a high heel bottle of moonshine in my life.

Speaking of items I covet, I met a man wearing quiet possibly the boss-est letter jacket in the history of letter jackets the other day:

featuring none other than the king of the wild frontier himself, one mr. davy crockett.

Lastly, a few years ago I was walking downtown just before Christmas, and this little beauty in the window caught my eye:

ms. kristina canan! i had no idea she was for sale.

So please imagine my surprise when I was walking downtown today and THIS little beauty caught my eye:

mrs. monty howard! dammit kristina! quit monkeying around in store windows!!!

And that's all I got for today. Over and OUT.

2 comments: