Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I may or may not have eaten a worm.

Actual conversation with the Roomstress while walking around campus:

Me: Hey look at that sign! They're serving pizza for Thanksgiving dinner. What is the world coming to?



Roomstress: It's being served by a turkey, see? That's where the Thanksgiving part comes in.

Me: No way I'd eat something made by a turkey. Have you not heard of the avian flu?

Roomstress: Well... what if the turkey didn't really MAKE make the pizza. What if it just like.... I dunno, got a frozen pizza and put it in the oven? Would you eat it then?

Me: Hell, no! Turkeys don't have thumbs. It would have to really get in there with his... what do you call turkey feet? Talons? Claws?

Roomstress: Wait.... would it use its turkey feet or wings? Because wings are more like where arms and hands would go.

Me: EVEN WORSE. I bet feathers would have like.... nits in it or something. They sleep in trees for Pete's sake. If it washed its turkey feet and THEN wrestled the pizza into the oven, then I'd consider eating it. MAYBE.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not totally squeamish. In fact, just today, I accidentally ate a worm. Maybe. LIKELY. And didn't throw up or anything. In fact, upon discovering the worm, I very calmly and quietly showed the worm to my neighbor then dumped the contents of the trail/worm mix into the trash.

extra protein in trail mix

In other news, I really have been super disappointed lately about the items on the stairs. It's mostly just more Hurricane bottles and poop, and well... once you see one Hurricane bottle and pile of poop, you pretty much have seen them all. Not a lot of variation. A lot of poop, though. I wonder who the hell is pooping on the stairs? I am trying to tell myself it's a dog, but... frankly I'm just not convinced.

However, this was on the ground near the stairs yesterday and I thought it was fascinating:

a squished mouse

How did that mouse get that squished? That is seriously perplexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment