Friday, March 28, 2014

Little Known Fact about Libraries

It's big and fat and rainy today. And so, as I made my way out of the office, I slipped behind the circulation desk and gave my standard rainy day plea: "It's rainy out - can I borrow one of the umbrellas from lost and found?"

Protip: there are always a ton of umbrellas in a library lost and found - especially on rainy days. If you need an umbrella, head to the library lost and found and voila - you'll have an umbrella.

Today, however, I had a selection of umbrellas from which to choose. My eye immediately fell to a clear pink umbrella with a curved pink handle.

Me (gasping as I snatched up the umbrella): Oooh! Look at this umbrella! I can use it as a cane and pimp walk! (practices pimp walking) Or! I could pull people off stage with it! (pantomimes hooking someone off the stage)

Bill: Jackie Chan uses umbrellas like that as a weapon.

Me: Ooooh, I could use it as a weapon! But.... I think I'll stick to pimp walking (pimp walks off).

In other news, Bartholomew the Owl lives in our loft. He's wise and sage and makes sure the Roomstress and I don't drink too much. He really needs to up his game. In any event, I noticed that we were buying Bartholomew a lot of hats to keep up with the seasons. Right now, he's sporting my St. Patty's Day green fascinator.  I'm in the market for some bunny ears for him, and yesterday I found a squirrel charm in the hallway and made it into a necklace for him. The Roomstress says he's a boy, and they don't usually wear necklaces, so we're pretending it's a ascot or a bolo tie or something. Point is - he is one seriously dolled up dude. And I bet he's the only owl EVER that has a squirrel necklace.

That's all I got today. Over and OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment