Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Downtime is a good thing.

So it's Wednesday and I started thinking about what I should write about today and it occurred to me - that nothing's going on. Nothing to write about. Nothing of import, nothing funny, nothing ironic or weird, just not a lot going on. Nothing.

And that's OK. In fact, it's fucking awesome. I really could use some sleep.

Instead, I'm going to share with you something that hangs on my wall beside my desk. It's a note from First Lady Michelle Obama.

thanks, shelly. you look awesome too.

Because when the First Lady tells you that you look good, by golly you pay attention.

I also think the prednisone Hulk has finally come home - I'm bloated, cranky, hungry and chatty as all hell. And yesterday I cried for about two hours straight. I feel like I brush the sides of the door when I enter a room. If something sits still long enough in front of me I'll end up trying to eat it eventually. Two more days of this horse shit and I'm DONE. At least I feel like moving again - and honestly, stopping movement for six weeks has ultimately been a GOOD thing. It's forced me to start over and move my legs for short distances and go WOW THAT HURT BUT STILL FEELS GOOD.

Oh but this happened and it did coincide with the prednisone experience so this was a good thing too:

i totally sledgehammered a car.it was for a good cause. and helped me with the prednisone hulk.

And there's a tree on campus that is just BEGGING for an Anne Geddes photo shoot, but since I didn't have any babies handy to dress up as peas or bees or flowers or whatever such nonsense I pitch hit and made do:

i'm an adult anne geddes.

Oh and this -

someone was playing barbies on the stairs

THIS JUST IN - had to call in the second garbage disposal repair request yesterday. Just got a voice mail from the office advising me that I need to have a discussion with them about the "future use" of the garbage disposal. I am pretty sure a lecture about garbage disposal maintenance and care is in my future.

Sorry not sorry, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment