Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Just One Year

A few months ago, Regina and I were spending an evening in the Downton Loft. We were in the middle of weekly clogging and hooping lessons, and most evenings wound up with an impromptu clogging and hooping demonstration. We were both laughing and sweating (and listening to Nobody Gonna Break My Stride - DON'T JUDGE!) when all of a sudden, I said:

"A year ago from this moment if someone had told me that I'd be living with you downtown hoola hooping while you clog dancing in our pajamas at 10 PM on a school night, I woulda said they were crazy."

And just like that... little revelations started showing up out of thin air. And it occurred to me... nothing is the same anymore. I mean, paging Dr. Obvious... but wow. Nothing is the same.

I don't even wear the same clothes that I used to.

So over the last few months, anytime something oddball or random or strange that's not so oddball or random or strange anymore occurs, I think - gosh. If one year from this moment ago, you told me that I'd be (fill in the blank) right now, I'd say you were crazy. And today I got to thinking...

Holy shit. HOLY SHIIIIIIT.

Who will my friends be in a year?

Where will I have traveled in that time?

What am I going to be doing one year from this moment NOW?

Will I even live here?

But oddly enough, the Why doesn't matter so much right now; the answer is "just 'cause I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment