Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I can't even be sick properly

I feel like a failure at everything. EVERYTHING.

Last week I went to the doctor to sort out what may or may not have been strep throat (it was). That's the first thing: I get illnesses and maladies that only children should be suseptible to, not adults. Like ringworm. And pink eye. And whenever I get hives I do not get them on my trunk like grownups do, I get them on my FACE. ANYWAY. I was happy to learn that the science behind the strep test had evolved so that they could test me immediately and get the results, write me a script for some penicillin and I could be on my merry little way. GREAT, let's do that - and the nurse comes at me with a cotton swab the size of a long jump pole and was actually surprised when I asked what she was doing.

So... the science has evolved so that we don't have to send slobber covered Q-Tips to a lab across town, but has NOT evolved so that we don't have to gag patients left and right? THIS MAKES NO SENSE. After she convinced me that she was not giving me and out dated strep test, I let her proceed to stick the long jump pole Q-Tip down my throat, and yes I gagged.

Not a pretty sight.

Yesterday morning I woke up and my hand hurt so bad the first thing I did at work was Google "how to tell if your hand is broken" then text frantically an accident prone friend and got his advice on how to pop a finger back into its socket. I was asking a colleague about how quickly arthritis can develop when she mentioned that maybe I just slept on my hand funny.

...

....

....

So evidentally, I'm injuring myself in my sleep. THE HELL?

In other news, I did this:

like a boss

Over and out,
M

1 comment:

  1. Your are great at least one thing. You write a hell of a blog.

    ReplyDelete