Monday, April 15, 2013

Head, meet desk...

So some flowers showed up at my office the other day with no name on them. I got that knowing "mmmm-hmmm" look from the delivery driver and two co-workers and bewilderedly called four different people to ask if they had sent flowers. I finally gave up and called the florist and was told that I ordered them about six weeks ago for an event.

it's like me from six weeks ago was playing a trick on me from last week. six week ago megan really has her act together if she's doing things like ordering flowers well in advance of events. i'll show that bitch next time!

So I had to go back and call everyone (including one very nice man who I can't really tell but think is interested in dating me*) I'd accused of sending me flowers and tell them that apparently I sent myself flowers some time ago and forgotten all about it.

*I think he is somewhat less interested now that he knows I tend to do things like send myself flowers and promptly forget all about it.

Flowers did remind me to go back and leave another note on my neighbor's door, though, so that was good.

it is important to give credit where credit is due. and i need to buy real tape.

But I was a little disappointed to have to give the flowers away, because I was having a dinner party that night and thought mystery flowers would be a welcome touch.

me and the girls making supper

I was looking for recipes for ravioli and enlisted the help of super chef friend Josh who wrote me a whole new recipe right slap out of his head that involved braising beef overnight. Sidenote - I have discovered my super power! At 3 AM the night ove the braising beef, I woke up out of a dead sleep and went to check on the CrockPot. It had over flowed and grease was everywhere. I wiped it up and went back to bed. I can HEAR MESSES BEING MADE. But don't worry, I will only use my power for good. With great power comes great responsibility.

In any event, the resulting ravioli was amazeballs and the seven of us took care of seven pounds of spare ribs in almost one sitting.

why yes this is rather tasty, thank you.

Sunday would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday. We all got together and went to her church and dedicated the alter flowers in her memory. After the service, we had lunch then we went to the grave to deliver the flowers. It was at this point my cutie patootie niece Lucy announced that she had to go to the bathroom. My brothertakes her into the woods, and after some shrieking, comes out alone with underwear. (hers, not his) My sister in law joins them and the three work on getting things sorted.  I couldn't hear what they are saying but they are obviously giving her the finer points on How A Girl Goes Pee In The Woods 101 because they both keep "assuming the position" for her to practice. You know, legs wide apart, ass in the air, etc. My sister in law goes so far as to lean up against a tree as an alternative peeing method.

Knowledge is Power, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment