Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Continuing lines from the loft...

Little known fact:

If you get a sunburn, even a teeny one, you have killed some skin cells and your skin will likely peel off in a few days. Having spent many years as a Floridian, I have on several occasions gotten a sunburn by forgetting to put on sunscreen and after a few days, peeled. However, if for some reason, when the skin is about to peel you sweat a bunch, the dead skin will get lifted by the sweat and form blisters.

Two weeks ago I spent and afternoon on the lake. And when I reached for my bag of sunscreen I realized I left all my cans of sunscreen on the pool deck at the beach. My face already had sunscreen on it, but needing to lube up my arms and legs I asked around for some from my boat mates. All that was available was the lotion kind, and not feeling like being sticky, I opted out... for the time being. Which basically meant I didn't use any at all the whole day. And got sunburned arms.

Fast forward to the next weekend, post-morning jog.

Roomstress: Got any plans for the day?

M: Nothing really. Want to clean the apartment. You?

R: Going shopping -

M, interrupts suddenly gasping: OH MY GOD. FEEL MY ARMS.

R: Why?

M: FEEL THEM! THAT SUNBURN BLISTERED AND MY SKIN IS ABOUT TO PEEL. FEEL HOW GROSS THESE BLISTERS FEEL.

R: No! I don't want to touch your blisters!

M: THEY FEEL SO GROSS!!! AAAAAHHH FEEL THEM!

R: STOP SHOVING YOUR BLISTERED ARMS IN MY FACE!

M: THEY ARE SO GROSS!!!! YOU GOTTA FEEL THIS!!!

R, realizing she's not going to get out of touching gross blisters, gingerly touches one finger to my arm. THAT IS DISGUSTING. YOU ARE GROSS.

M: It gets worse! Listen! (scratches skin) LISTEN TO THOSE BLISTERS POP!!! THIS IS SO GROSS!!!

R: YOU GET FREAKED OUT WHEN I TALK ABOUT COLONICS AND YET THIS ISN'T WORRISOME?

In other news, I got a misdirected email to Regina sent to my inbox today. Which ensued in this text conversation:

M: Just received a very confusing email.

R: That IS a super weird email. I'm trying to think what weird happy hour mix up could've spawned that.

M: Yes. Yes it is. At first I thought it was a misdirected email to you tattle-telling on me for something I had done. Which is foolish. Because I haven't done anything. Yet. Ahem. But look at those judgey italics!

R: Well let this be a lesson to you if you were thinking of doing anything! It is exceedingly weird that it's an email to me but misdirected to you, and ABOUT YOU.

M: And we live together. And pretty much know what each other has eaten in the last 48 hours.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment