Friday, June 20, 2014

CSA Reboot!

Last year, the Roomstress and I discussed getting a CSA, but I was a little hesitant, because the last CSA I had was chock full of greens, greens, greens, diacon radishes, some greens, onions, green peppers, greens and greens. And I like all those things... but for heaven's sake, a diacon radish? I did some asking around and got recommendations for Mountain Meadow Farms, and so far, so good! 

The first week we got some broccoli, lettuce, raspberries, cauliflower, squash, cabbage and kale. I looked up a recipe on how to make broccoli soup and it turned out good. It was so good, I made it again with all the broccoli from the next week, and learned what to correct from the week before, and it turned out GREAT.


you are correct, mrs. peacock. using broccoli and onions from our csa.

Next, I had to bring a side dish to a work thingie, so I decided to make a cabbage salad. 

mushed up raspberries to get the juice

if i'd had time i would have boiled it down into concentrate to make it sweeter, but i was in a hurry

our whole head of napa cabbage, raspberries and a little onion from our csa!

Summer's just starting, so who knows what I'll come up with next! Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment