Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Is it hungry? Or is it nausea?

Probably goes without saying - I hate throwing up. And I rarely am ill and therefore have probably thrown up maybe less than ten times in my life. And I had my very first bout of food poisoning recently and am therefore a bit.... how you say? Gun shy when it comes to puking these days.

So imagine the gamut of emotions I experienced the other day whilst dining with the family the other day:

Waiter, delivering pizza to the table, including two small cheese pizzas for Max and Lucy: and here you go, pizza for you, and be careful! It's hot!

Lucy, smelling the pizza: urrrrpppp....

Mama: Lucy? You all right?

Me, looking over at Lucy holding her mouth in one hand and her stomach in the other: Lucy, does something hurt?

Lucy: *silent as the grave*

Me: Lucy, can you tell me what's wrong? Do you not feel good?

Lucy: i feel like i have to throw up.

Me, inwardly groaning....

Mama, eye contact with me: I'll take her.

Me, inwardly rejoicing.....

Lucy: Aunt Megan! Aunt Megan!

Me, inwardly groaning.... Ok sweetie, let's go. *walking to bathroom gingerly holding Lucy's hand*

Me, inside the bathroom: Lucy, are you going to be sick? Do you want me to come in the stall with you?

Lucy: No, I think I need to go to the bathroom. *proceeds to tinkle and come out of the stall*

Me, now panicking because I may or may not be leading a nauseated child back into the dining room: Lucy, are you sure you're ok? You feel sick still?

Lucy: I think I'm just very, very hungry.

Me, now with an added level of panic because we're now about to test the hungry vs. nausea theory with cheese pizza: Are you sure you feel all right?

Lucy: Oh, yes. I'm just very, very hungry.

You'll be glad to know we succeeded in the hungry vs. nausea theory and she was indeed very hungry and proceeded to eat an entire cheese pizza minus the crusts, which I kindly ate for her.

lucy pre-pretend-puking taking a picture of babs, dipsey and halo.

That's all the news I have for today. Over and out.

Oh wait. One more thing. I forgot my phone at DJ Smith's house today and he very kindly texted me to tell me he had it and would bring it to work (haha). When he called and said he was swinging through it was in the middle of a scheduled fire alarm and no less than three people told me to not worry about leaving the building, it was a test alarm. I think my co-workers may be trying to kill me. Need to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment