Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hug Buddies

It sounds silly, but at work I have a Hug Buddy. We don't have much in common. Just a need to be hugged, really hugged and hugged good every now and again. No appointment necessary. Just show up, and you get hugged.

Sometimes, my Hug Buddy cries when I hug her. And I pat her head and hold her and tell her that crying isn't allowed at work. She sucks it up and I scrunch her face and we go back about our day.

Today, she held me while I cried on her shoulder. And she patted my head and held me and reminded me that crying isn't allowed at work. I told her it was a trick and that I was just testing her.

My head knows things will be better. I know I'll be fine. It's just hard to think my way out of a paper bag these days.

I invented a new word for this time in my life: blurgh. It's quite all encompassing. Try using it in a sentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment